GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) defines quality assurance guidelines for production flows and the production environment. It refers to pharmaceuticals, active ingredients and medical devices, food products and animal feed, including their packaging.
A GMP-based quality management system is designed to ensure product quality and compliance with health authority requirements
The HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) system is a preventative approach to ensuring the safety of food products and consumers.
HACCP is based on the following principles:
- Analyse all existing food safety hazards that fall within the company’s responsibility
- Identify critical control points for food safety
- Set critical limits for each critical control point
- Implement continuous food safety monitoring procedure
- Establish corrective actions in case of deviationsDesign a process to verify that the food safety system is working as intended and document all actions