Five HUNGAROPACK Awards in 2016
The World Packaging Organisation jury, consisting of Hungarian industry experts, met on 6 September to judge the HUNGAROPACK 2016 competition entries. STI Group was hugely successful again this year, with five products receiving awards:
- Promotional packaging for Chivas Regal whisky – HUNGAROPACK Award 2016
- Bag-in-box packaging for Törley Chapel Hill wines – HUNGAROPACK Award 2016
- Festival packaging for Absolut vodka – Printing and Paper Industry Association Special Award
- Promotional packaging for Ballantine's whisky –Trade Magazin Special Award
- Gift box for Läckerli premium pralines – certificate of recognition
The HUNGAROPACK awards ceremony will be held at the University of Óbuda on 25 October 2016. This year was the 33rd HUNGAROPACK competition, the first one having been organized in 1967. The contest is designed to promote developments in the packaging industry, introducing the latest in packaging materials, tools and auxiliary materials to both Hungarian and international audiences.
Products winning HUNGAROPACK awards become eligible to compete in the international WorldStar packaging contest. Judging takes place in November this year, and winners of each category will be announced in May 2017 at InterPack.