D-flute packaging: sustainable and cost-effective
For glass manufacturer Zwiesel Kristallglas AG, demand for material and product innovations is only matched by their need for innovative packaging solutions. All packaging must deliver excellent product protection with an aesthetic look that appeals to target consumers. Sustainability and optimised logistics are also important factors.
Until recently, the company almost exclusively used B-flute corrugated cardboard packaging because of its strength and stability. Switching from B-flute to the much finer E-flute profile would have been too great a leap. D-flute is the optimal solution for them, because it combines the best of both flute profiles.
- Sustainable: less material usage in many types of product and shelf-ready packaging
- Reduction in volume: 20% more blanks per pallet, reduction of up to 30 % in storage volume
- Cost efficiency: reduction of logistics costs by 30%
- Stability: Flat crush resistance and ECT value equal to B-flute packaging
- Improvement of machinability as thinner paper is processed
- Environmentally friendly: less CO2 emissions during transport
- Improved print quality | reduction in flute shadow