The STI Group views itself as a socially responsible company. As such it sees itself as obligated to work in environmentally friendly ways as well as to meet the high quality assurance standards laid out in DIN ISO 9001.
These aspects are defining factors of its corporate policies, both at the national and international levels.
It is what pushed us to participate in an ECR Europe project group that released a handbook entitled "Packaging in the Sustainability Agenda: A Guide for Corporate Decision Makers" in July 2009.
- As a key element in safeguarding of natural resources, conservation is of paramount importance to the STI Group. Our own expectations in fact go beyond the legal requirements and are subject to continual improvement.
- The German STI Group-locations as well as the distribution companies STI - Gustav Stabernack GmbH, STI Packaging + Display Ltd., STI - Display Emballage Creation S.A.R.L. and STI Polska sp. z o.o. were certified in late 2008 as fulfilling the FSC® (Forest Stewardship Council®) standard.
- STI Group products are produced predominantly from sustainable and recycled raw materials. Paper and card waste generated during production is completely channelled back into the recycling circuit.
- The STI Group environmental management system documents the ways that we live up to our responsibility for nature and people. The effect of our measures on the environment are monitored and assessed. Based this we, derive ongoing further developments for the protection of the environment.
- Safety and environmental protection are executive functions. All staff will be regularly trained with respect to environmental protection and bear the responsibility for the implementation of all measures. Sustainability is thus a component of the STI Group company culture.