Supply Chain Management
Efficient handling of the entire supply chain means establishing links with the IT systems of customers and suppliers.
Standardised B2B communication is essential for establishing lean processes.
The introduction of VMI (Vendor Managed Inventory) and CPFR (Collaborative Planning, Forecast and Replenishment) has led to high data transparency, which in turn brings with it lowered inventories, a high grade of service and shorter lead times. At the same time goods availability and information quality have both risen.
Thinking in terms of a total end-to-end supply chain opens up tremendous potential cost savings!
Integrated supply chain managements makes all of this possible:
- Continuous flow of information and goods from consumer to consumer
- Accounting for the needs of all partners in the value chain
- Demand-oriented production based on sales figures – from individual products to complete sets
- Increased flexibility and reduced lead times
- Reduction of process complexity and captive working capital
- Optimisation of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)