Integrated Management System of the STI Group
The STI Group's Integrated Management System (IMS) maintains a uniform, structured overview of all methods and instruments used to fulfil requirements in the various areas (such as quality, hygiene, and safeguards for the environment, occupational safety and health). This is an essential tool for corporate governance (the direction and monitoring of organisations).
There are at present no official standards to support an organisation in the establishment of an IMS. Because however (normed) QA, eco management, hygiene systems etc are highly similar in their structure (handbook, specifications documents, etc.), the integration of several management systems into an existing management system can be accomplished for little time and cost.
The bundling of resources leads to leaner, more efficient management processes when compared to individual, isolated management systems. The lure of simultaneous improvements in several areas was a fundamental motivator for its introduction. In doing so, the STI Group followed the approach laid out in ISO 9001:2008 to achieve an efficient, process-oriented structure.
In addition to the matrix certification of the STI Group based on DIN ISO 9001:2008, this also established
- a comprehensive management system led by corporate management
- a uniform high quality standard within the STI Group
- synergy effects
The IMS of the STI Group is oriented toward the following international standards:
- Quality: Matrix certification based on DIN EN ISO 9001:2008
- Hygiene: Production facilities oriented toward DIN EN 15593: 2008
- Environment: Production facilities oriented toward DIN EN 14001:2005 and FSC®
- Occupational/health safety: Production facilities oriented toward OHSAS 18001
- Safety Management: STI Group standard