Clothes make the man – packaging makes brands
Packaging has many duties: protecting the product, simplifying the logistics chain and adding convenience. It is also responsible for conveying the brand message and drawing the consumer's attention at the POS to the full breadth of options that a brand has to offer. No other medium comes in contact with consumers as much as packaging.
How packaging communicates
- Awakening the customer's awareness
- Communicating product characteristics
- Building trust
- Conveying a positive overall impression
- Triggering the decisive purchase impulse at the POS
- Distinguishing itself clearly from competing products
Promotional tracking by AC Nielson of 33 products in 11 top goods groups (Food & Non-Food) conducted showed that the use of promotional packaging can significantly increase sell-through rates. The market researchers found that 56% of impulse buys were related to gift packaging, and up to 100% of lead products.