The STI Group views itself as a socially responsible company. As such it sees itself as obligated to work in environmentally friendly ways as well as to meet the high quality assurance standards laid out in DIN ISO 9001.
These aspects are defining factors of its corporate policies, both at the national and international levels.
The ISO 14001 standard represents a globally accepted foundation for the establishment of environmental management systems.
- The German STI Group-locations, the locations in Australia, UK and Hungary as well as the distribution companies in France and Poland were certified as fulfilling the FSC® (Forest Stewardship Council®) standard.
- STI Group products are produced predominantly from renewable, recycled raw materials. Paper and card waste generated during production is completely channelled back into the recycling circuit.
- The STI Group environmental management system documents the ways that we live up to our responsibility for nature and people. The effect of our measures on the environment are monitored and assessed. We use those findings to fine tune our systems and devise additional protections for the environment.
- Responsibility for safety and environmental protection starts with management. All employees are provided with regular training on environmental protection and bear the responsibility for implementing all measures in their sphere of responsibility. Sustainability is thus a integral component of STI Group's corporate culture.
- Environmental concerns are a factor considered during the evaluation of investments and purchases. STI Group's suppliers and contractual partners are incorporated into our commitment to the responsible use of resources.
- Indeed, all contractual partners (e.g. suppliers) are bound to apply the same environmental standards as we do ourselves. Contractual partners working on our factory grounds are obligated to observe STI Group's safety and environmental standards.
- The constant operational readiness of our well-trained company fire brigade, preventive safety precautions and fire preventive measures ensure that any accident-related emissions are kept to the lowest levels possible.